Thursday, November 28, 2013

Reflections Approaching 45


To dwell in the here and now does not mean you never think about the past, or responsibly plan for the futurre. The idea is simply not to allow yourself to get lost in regrets about the past or worries about the future. If you are firmly grounded in the present moment, the past can be an object of inquiry, the object of your mindfulness and concentration. You can attain many insights by looking into the past, but you are still grounded in the present moment.
~ Thich Nhat Hanh ~  



As the subject implies, in a few weeks I’ll be reaching 45 yrs in this life which culturally is supposed to be a milestone or major life event.  Me, generally don’t think too much about birthdays.  Aside from turning ‘legal’ at 21, the other biggies at 30, or 40 were no big deal.  Felt same turning 40 as I did at 30, just in a different place in my life – not necessarily a better place but more on that later.  But the past couple of years have been interesting ones for me, giving me pause to think about my life so far overall, things I wish I hadn’t done and those I wish I had.  Thinking about the good, bad, mixed, my dad at 45 and thought I’d blog it. 

Not quite inspirational perhaps.  Definitely about my journey through samsara so maybe there’s the linkage.  Regardless, going to ‘put it out there’ as I feel motivated to do so.  My hope is this provides some insight, maybe some humor, and if it’s any good maybe some motivation for others at whatever stage you might be at in your journey…..


No comments:

Post a Comment